Tuesday, September 4, 2007

This is a blog (also, Man of the Year)

Just because I feel like it, I decided to start up a blog, mainly thanks to Lupin (the Gametap user, not the anime). If you want to know what this will be about, I'll just be posting mini-reviews of games, movies, TV shows, songs, CDs, manga, food, anything that's reviewable and I feel like putting up here. Point to this? None, really, but it'll occupy me.


Today, I thought I'd just review a movie I saw only a few hours ago, Man of the Year, starring Robin Williams.


You know, staring at that poster, Robin has this look on his face. Kinda like "WHAT MY HAIR IS Ooooooh it's a wig hahahah". But not that last part. Just the first part right here. Like they put this mirror in front of him that also takes pictures.
Right, back to the topic. The funniest parts of this were when Robin Williams was just let loose into stand-up quality stuff. Because that's what he does best, really. For some reason, though, they decided to market this as a comedy, when in reality, it's a thriller by the end. The villain's motivations didn't really make much sense to me, and the whole thing just turns out silly.
I was also disappointed Jon Stewart didn't make a cameo, considering his name is always mentioned when they're trying to compare the main character to other political comedians, but oh well. I give this a 6/10.

No comments: