Friday, September 7, 2007

Red Eye, CSI, and...uh...something else to do with eyes

So, I just watched Red Eye. I don't think I've ever seen any Wes Craven movies before, but I liked this one. It was a good thriller, and Cillian Murphy was a total badass, in that psychotic kind of way.

I recently got the PC game CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder (HA! Bet you thought this would be about the TV show! Well, you were WRONG! This blog is full of twists like that.), mainly because Telltale Games developed it and it was only $19 from Amazon, not at all because I like the show (I've only ever seen the beginning of an episode). It's an enjoyable game for $19, but I never feel like I'm in too much control. I mean, you go to a crime scene, you do a complete sweep to make sure you get every single piece of evidence, you exhaust the dialog trees of any people, you take evidence back to the lab, repeat with a new location, keep this up until you beat the case (there are 5 cases). You get to choose what crime tools you need to use, but besides that, there's not really any puzzles. Even once you have all the evidence, the game basically says "Yeah, you need to arrest that guy". I'd much rather have a scenario where you have to choose who to arrest, use the evidence and facts in your casefile to prove they did it, etc., kinda like Phoenix Wright. It doesn't help that your character is a CSI trainee, which means that he's not an actual person in the game world, just your first-person view. Instead, the CSI cast regulars do all the deductive reasoning for you, you just have to click on the dialog tree.

So yeah, not a great game, by any means, but what the hell. I paid $19 for it. I just hope there's more control in Hard Evidence (the next one, which is also coming out for Wii).

Anyways, I didn't really have anything else about eyes. It is worth noting that I still haven't fixed my glasses. The nosepieces broke off a while ago. It's not like it's hard to go fix them, I just never remember to. Oh well.

No comments: